Diesel Bombers

Diesel Bombers (https://www.dieselbombers.com/)
-   24 Valve 2nd Gen Dodge Cummins 98.5-02 (https://www.dieselbombers.com/24-valve-2nd-gen-dodge-cummins-98-5-02/)
-   -   Had to come share with people who understand (https://www.dieselbombers.com/24-valve-2nd-gen-dodge-cummins-98-5-02/128792-had-come-share-people-who-understand.html)

doublehbar 11-21-2015 06:56 PM

Alright guys. I am hoping someone sees this update so I don't have to start a whole new thread. I got the pump installed and she fired right up. No leaks that I see yet. Fuel pressure is only at 13 on my gauge, but it also only dropped to 10 at WOT. Is this something I should adjust or not worry about? I am running an Autometer mechanical gauge from the top of the fuel filter housing if this makes a difference.

Extra info in case it is needed. Prior to install I was showing 10.5-11 at idle and as low as 5 at WOT.

On another note. There is a noticeable difference in power.:rocking:

Jet A Fuel 11-21-2015 09:21 PM

Glad to hear it's running good job!! There maybe an adjustable regulator on top of the Fass main body usually where the line comes off that feeds the IP.
Got any pics of the pump?:choochoo:

doublehbar 11-21-2015 10:05 PM

Love when I type a reply and then lose it. Grr.

Thanks for the good job. I was pretty glad when the truck fired up first try. There is an adjustable screw on the pump, but I wasn't certain if I should turn the pressure up or not. Figured I better check in with the more experienced crowd before doing anything.

I didn't take pics, but I certainly can if you want to see my handiwork!

Jet A Fuel 11-22-2015 02:59 AM

I would bump it up to 15-16 psi at idle, you would like to see above 10 at WOT is a good rule of thumb. You are ok to drive it but I would go ahead and raise it a couple pounds so you don't have to mess with it later as the filters become dirty pressure will drop over time.
:tu:

doublehbar 11-22-2015 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by Jet A Fuel (Post 1103047)
I would bump it up to 15-16 psi at idle, you would like to see above 10 at WOT is a good rule of thumb. You are ok to drive it but I would go ahead and raise it a couple pounds so you don't have to mess with it later as the filters become dirty pressure will drop over time.
:tu:

Good to know. I will go ahead and bump the pressure up today. Thank you!

Jet A Fuel 11-22-2015 09:38 PM

I bet your ole truck will pull Mingus Mountain no problem now!!:c: How's that trans holding up?

doublehbar 11-23-2015 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by Jet A Fuel (Post 1103103)
I bet your ole truck will pull Mingus Mountain no problem now!!:c: How's that trans holding up?

Probably! Shh. Don't call her old. She doesn't like that. Lol Trans is doing OK. I'm actually taking it into the shop who installed it to look it over for me and see what my options are. Hopefully it's okay news! Thanks for asking.

Sycostang67 11-28-2015 01:24 PM

I installed my FASS 150 last month and only get 14psi out of it. It's now only getting 12.5 with the cold outdoor temps. I do not believe mine is adjustable as FASS is sending me a new pressure assembly after I performed a few tests that they required.

gh0stman 11-28-2015 04:48 PM

The 95 and 150 titanium series are not adjustable. You could probably stretch the return spring to get your pressure up.

Sycostang67 11-30-2015 09:29 PM

Originally Posted by gh0stman (Post 1103521)
The 95 and 150 titanium series are not adjustable. You could probably stretch the return spring to get your pressure up.

When I read that, I wasn't sure what you were talking about until I got home today and my pressure assembly had arrived. FASS sent me a new spring and ball, hopefully it will fix my issue, if not then I may try stretching it a bit.